The aim of the BeFPA is:
• to promote, defend and represent Belgium producers creating audiovisual works with commercial potential. The Association understands an “audiovisual work with commercial potential” to be a work that has a positive impact for Belgium in terms of employment, the country’s image abroad, the budget invested within Belgium itself and the revenue generated.
• to be a place for observation and reflection on developments in the Belgian, European and international audiovisual markets in order to attract proposals for experimentation that are both realistic and practical, as well as properly suited to this renewal.
• to form bonds, encourage exchanges and promote solidarity with other associations in the sector on a national, European and international level.
In practical terms, the BeFPA seeks:
- to be a mouthpiece for its members and to defend their interests in economic, tax-related and legal area, nationally and internationally.
- to develop strategic thinking designed to encourage the production of films with a high commercial potential.
to assist and promote the development of young production companies whose professional aspirations are in line with those of the association.