The members of the association
The creation of the BeFPA is the result of the desire of 5 major Belgian producers to bring a new dynamic to their sector:
Be Films, Nexus Factory, nWave Pictures, Saga Film and uMedia. These five are the founder-members of the Association and make up its Board of Directors.
Any production company or producer may apply to become a full member of the Association. To be eligible, a candidate must fulfil the following conditions:
• The producers and/or managers of the company applying, of the producer who is applying must have ongoing experience in the audiovisual industry;
• The producers and/or managers of the company applying, of the producer who is applying must have as part of their credits for the 5 years prior to applying for membership, the production or co-production of works of fiction produced for the cinema or television;
• The registered office and/or operating office of the company in question must be in Belgium
• The main business of the applicant must be the production of works of fiction for the cinema and audiovisual works and must exercise this business effectively in Belgium;
• The activities and values of the applicant will correspond with those defended by the Association.
Honorary members are private individuals or legal entities who have rendered important services to the BeFPA or the film-making profession as a whole.
Honorary members are selected by the full members of the Association and are invited to bring their expertise into the Association.
Our partner members are private individuals or legal entities whose main activity is related to the audiovisual sector and who wish to benefit from the influence of the Association for the purpose of communication.
• The actual office (registered and/or operating office) or the address of the applicant is situated in Belgium;
• The applicant’s main business is the production of works of fiction for the cinema or audiovisual works;
• The applicant actually conducts this business in Belgium;
• The applicant has produced or coproduced a minimum body of fiction work for the cinema or audiovisual work;
• The activities and values of the applicant correspond to those defended by the Association in its Purpose, Mission, Vision and Values.